No one is more excited about fashion months biggest hair trend as yours truly. The Cut (NY Mag) dubbed the loose look “Rich Girl Hair” which is the perfect name for this easy going yet chic trend.
When the noise of this trend started making it’s rounds I began texting images to my friends expressing my excitement only to hear “Thats already what your hair looks like.” So, I figured I can walk you through a couple tricks to convincing everyone you’ fancy with “Rich Girl Hair.”
1. Grab yourself a moisturizing anti-friz shampoo and conditioner. Use the shampoo and small amounts of the conditioner to keep your hair from getting oily. I have used the same shampoo and conditioner for years (since high school) which is Pantene Beautiful Lengths. The products grow your hair long and strong through moisturizing.
Pantene Beautiful Lengths $5
2. It’s A 10 leave in conditioner is a miracle worker. They make a few different specialized formulas of the product, but I usually reach for the keratin infused one. I apply it to the length of my hair (don’t get it on your roots) before blow drying, before curling and after I loosen the curls.
It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin $20 (4oz)
3. I blow dry my hair on a high heat in a downward motion. I start at my roots and push my hair around with my fingers. After my roots are dry, I make my way down the length either with my fingers or a paddle brush until my whole head is dry.
4. Since I don’t use a round brush to dry my hair, when I’m finished my hair has some texture and waves. To make sure my loose waves have texture, I use a light salt spray. My go to is the Mai Tai spray from DryBar. It doesn’t make your hair crunchy, but it will give you texture and light volume.
DryBar Mai Tai Spritzer $25
5. Lastly, for that last bit of texture, I add waves by wrapping my hair away from my face around a 1 inch curling iron. I only leave my hair wrapped for a few seconds and drop it right away. I will sometimes use this method all over, but generally I just do it around my face and then randomly around my head. After all the curls are cooled, I set it with BedHeads Masterpiece hair spray so it lasts. Then, I brush the curls out and run my fingers through with some of the It’s A 10 product to smooth it out.
BeadHead Masterpiece Hairspray $22