I am not joking when I say this months Ipsy Glam Bag is by far my favorite I have ever received. This months theme was “Girl Meets Glitter” and was filled with products to inspire the holiday feeling in us all. It was packed with glittery products with accents of glam. Perfect for Christmas parties and New Years; perfectly on trend with my column for Live The Life You Dream About last monday.
I think my favorite aspect about this bag is that the products could be used together for one look. Lips, eyeshadow, liner and hairspray makes for the perfect kit to toss in my handbag for on the go glam. The glittery pouch is actually designed by Forever21 for Ipsy. All in all, I’m kind of obsessed with this months delivery. Here is what I received:
1. The first item I pulled from the bag was a sample of the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray. Thats a mouthful right? So far I like this spray. It reminds me of my Bed Head Masterpiece spray. The only difference is this is a heavier hold. Personally, I’m not a fan of strong hold hairsprays, but If you want one with lots of shine I would definitely recommend this.
Marc Anthony – Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray
2. Normally I’m not a fan of the Be A Bombshell products I receive, but this months is different. Although it is considered an eye base I’ve been using it as an eye shadow. It looks dark in its little jar, but when you swipe the cream formula, It’s almost nude until it hits the light. When light hits the product it glows the most beautiful bronze. The only thing I don’t like about this product is how little I got of it! The jar is practically empty.
Be A Bombshell – Eye Base in “Submissive”
3. I received a little baby Temptu highlighter. I actually think that for a liquid highlighter, the result is nice. It is a extremely watery formula and when you blend it, the array of rainbow sparkles disappears until you hit the sun. It’s a pretty result for those who don’t want to have an excessive highlight. It does have a chemically scent though, so if you are sensitive to that, I wouldn’t recommend this.
TEMPTU – S/B Highlighter
4. My favorite product this month is the Elizabeth Mott liquid eyeliner. It’s a true black but to make it perfect for holiday, it has fine silver glitter. Normally I am not a fan of either liquid or black eyeliner (it may be because I always seem to mess it up). But this is so clean and easy to use. The applicator is super thin and clearly idiot proof if I can make a cat eye with it. I’m slightly obsessed and I may actually purchase another.
Elizabeth Mott – You’re so FINE Eyeliner in “Glitterati”
5. No, that is not an OCC Lip Tar you see. But it definitely is a knock off. I received a J. Catt Beauty “Lip Paint” in my bag. The formala is a total dupe for the OCC tars that cost around $18 each. The shade is also a impostor of the vampy MAC Lipstick in Rebel. The only issue I have with this lippy is that it’s really messy to apply. The OCC tars come with a small brush to help in applying the liquid lipstick, but for this your left with your finger. It’s difficult to get an even shade, but if you use a small brush you should be okay.
J. Cat Beauty – Wonder Lip Paint in “Red Potion”