1. As my readers know, I have been obsessing over the Bare Minerals Bare Skin foundation since it came out. But, in June I found another that is stealing my time and attention. On a break from work I made a run to Walgreens to check out their makeup selection where I came across the new Covergirl ‘Ready Set Gorgeous’ line. The packaging looked really cheesy to me but the color looked like one that would work on my skin. The product was on promo for $5 so I just decided why not try it? Well I did and guess what? I love it. Surprisingly it is a full coverage foundation that sets fairly matte and stays put all day! I worked a eight hour shift the other day and when I got home my skin still looked flawless. Its like a cheap little squeeze bottle of magic!
Covergirl – Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Foundation $8.99
2. I had been on the hunt for a perfect neon pink matte lipstick for summer. Every time I would go check out the Revlon lip balms they were always out of their matte pink one and it peaked my interest. If something is constantly sold out, I will aways assume its good. Finally I found one and oh dear lord, it’s beautiful! If you follow me on Instagam (@jennlieskovan) you will have seen my insanely happy face the first time I applied this amazing lipstick! Unlike most mattes that dry out your lips, this is actually moisturizing! shocker, right? The pink is also blue based so it whitens the look of your teeth and this particular shade lasts forever!
Revlon – Colorburst Matte Balm in ‘Shewy’ $9.49
3. Durring the summer I hate styling my hair. There is nothing more annoying than trying to heat style your hair when its hot and humid. I found this product one day and figured why not give it a try? The application is super easy to do, its pretty much just blowdrying and straightening your hair. After application your hair will stay frizz free and silky smooth for seven days (three washes)! It’s ridiculous! After the next couple washes your hair stays straight (if you want stick straight hair, you will have to fix the ends). I love it and it will 100% be a constant for me throughout the summer.I talked more about it on a guest post I did here.
Tresemme – 7 Day Keratin Heat Treatment $6.99
4. I feel like such a looser saying this, but until I received my June Ipsy Glam Bag I had never used a NYX Butter Gloss. I know its weird! But holy cow! I am in love! They have insane staying power, the pigment is amazing and they taste like vanilla! Within a couple weeks I already have five, but here are my favorite three:
Creme Brule – This is literally the best nude gloss I have ever had! It matches my lips perfectly and has turned into my go to gloss in my purse.
Eclair – The only way I can explain this color is that it is a nude with purple undertones. It is such a beautiful color and is the easiest way to pull off the lilac lip trend for summer.
Apple Strudel – It’s coral and it’s perfect. period.
NYX Cosmetics – Butter Gloss $4.99
5. I tried to make this month purely drugstore products and as hard as I tried, I couldn’t ignore this eye shadow pallet. I had seen the shade ‘Cognac’ in my local Bare Minerals store and loved it, but I didn’t buy it for some reason. Then I found it at Ulta along side the perfect peal shade. The balance between the white shadow and the deep bronze of the other is so beautiful and it has been my go to for the past couple weeks. The colors are very pigmented but also super buildable which makes them perfect for everyday and for days where you want a smoker eye. I have a feeling I’m going to be using it all summer.
Bare Minerals – READY Eye Shadow 2.0 in “Top Shelf” $20
Is there any product you are loving lately that you think I should try? Let me know in the comments below!