1. I kept seeing the adds and the commercials for this new Bare Minerals foundation. I finally took the step and went to Sephora to check it out. I started testing the formula just on my arm and it covered every little imperfection without feeling like I had a drop of makeup on my arm. When the sales associate came up to me I had her color test me and then I asked her about the brush its supposed to go to which is an extra $30. After pushing her past saying “It helps give you an airbrushed look.” I finally got her to admit that the only reason you should use the brush is because it doesn’t absorb the makeup. Knowing my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush also doesn’t absorb, I bought the fountain only. I have been so impressed by this foundation. I use a quarter of the product I normally use and it looks and feels so natural. Plus it lasts all day even without primer!
Bare Minerals – Bare Skin Serum Foundation in Bare Ivory 04 $29
2. Like I said in my April Favorites post, I only use Essie nail polish. It goes on smoothly and lasts up to a week wonderfully. Because of my job, I have to wear ‘natural’ colored nails. I can get away with pale pinks and lavenders but lately I felt the need to go completely natural, or at least as natural as my nails can get. I dug through my Essie collection and found this polish in the Sand Tropez. It’s perfect all year long but it is completely wonderful for summer since it looks clean but also makes your tan look even more amazing.
Essie – Sand Tropez $8.50
3. This is my go to blush. I was so intimated by the color when I first was looking at it at the MAC counter but the associate told me it is super buildable. So I bit the bullet and bought it. I have been using it for almost a year now I believe and I stopped using it when my skin was really fair simply because it didn’t look quite right. But with my skin tanned, it looks absolutely amazing. Ive been using this same exact blush forever and it barely has a dent in it. It is 100% worth the money and I mean, isn’t it just the prettiest pink ever?
MAC – Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon $21
4. So I got this lipgloss in a Smashbox set around Christmas time and never really used it because the shade wasn’t too lovely on my pale skin. When I was organizing all of my products recently I found it again and I instantly fell in love with it. The non sticky formula is so comfortable and hydrating plus the color lasts forever and fades gracefully back into my lips natural tone. I love this specific gloss for work, since it is such a slim product I can easily slip it into my back pocket and carry it on the floor with me. Although I have this gloss in multiple colors, this is the perfect shade for tan skin. Now here is the issue, if you are a Smashbox fan then you most likely know their glosses don’t even look like this anymore. The formula is still the same, but they come in different colors now. I did a little research and discovered the closest shade to my Chic Copper and it is Cognac. The orange based bronze is the perfect way to rock the orange lip trend for summer in a natural way.
Smashbox – Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Cognac $20
5. I have been on the hunt since finals for products to clear up my stress induced acne. Ever since Neutrogena introduced their Naturals line I have purchased many of the products, all of which I have loved. So when I was looking for a cleanser to use with my Clarsonic Mia 2, I instantly reached for this one. So many products that fight acne are filled with harsh ingredients that sometimes hurt more than they help, this is absolutely the exception. This wash uses Willowbark bionutrient to detoxify your pores plus it has no sulfates, parabens or dyes. This product is 90% naturally derived and it isn’t tested on animals. With the wonderful results it produces and the fact that I know I’m not harming myself or animals by using it, I am definitely a fan.
Neutrogena – Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser $7.99